2 Our teaching approach
a. our objective
b. The different types of activities
c. Some games and activities
3. The organization of the playground
- a. Typical day
4. The parents
- a. Parents Committee
We are a preschool School of the Ministère de l’Éducation du Loisir et du Sport and wishing to accommodate younger children in educational daycare. For us, the care is the basis of education. Our goal is to offer a quality service, structured and structuring. Our educational goal is to train young children schoolboy to his future profession through an entertaining and playful formative method.
The number of children allowed for this facility would be the number of 22. The group of children will be divided into 3 thirds or 7 children of 3 years, 7 years to 4 years, and 8 children 5 years of age (who are not 5 years before September 30); under a license from the Ministère de la Famille.
Three teachers will welcome children and provide the educational program according to the percepts of the Montessori teaching method.
Our working method is based on the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, which is based on the motto:
« Teach me to do alone »
That’s why we set up workshops, activities, games as an aid to the development of the child; all in the total respect of his pace of biological and intellectual development.
2. Our educational approach:
In the Montessori kindergarten, we will play, working with children following the principles of the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. All proposed activities are designed to best help the children in their overall development, psychomotor, social, emotional and intellectual. This method helps us also to develop all notional exercises to achieve.
- a. Our objective
Develop psychomotor skills, emotional, language, methodology for self-knowledge, life in community and communication.
Our mission :
Toward family, socio-cultural diversity of the children attending the Montessori Kindergarten, preschool education has to offer children a special place where he can continue to:
- develop knowledge
- diversify learning strategies
- build relationships with others
We must implement, through fun, challenging intellectually for this social experiment allows the child to:
- be discovered as a person
- be aware of these possibilities
- structuring his personality
- acquire his personality
Through the Montessori method all underlying objectives are to be worked through games and individual and group workshops allowing the child to develop at his own pace both socially and cognitively.
We are also here to promote the learning of group living.
The work is based on the concept of respect and politeness. Children must learn that there is a framework with rules and it is their duty to respect and enforce them.
Children have rights and duties and it is the adult to take the lead in these gestures, behaviors and attitudes of all.
Montessori education program also initiate the development of transversal intellectual competencies, methodological, personal and social. These soft skills are used to develop general training issues affecting children.
Two major types of activities will be implemented:
- Activities through play, rhythmic, sports,
- Activities by reflection, strategy, intellectual stimulation through among others, 4 groups of own activities at the Montessori method.
Activities through play, rhythm, sport:
Through play spontaneous activities children develop their imagination and creativity. This type of activity allows children to find ways to capture reality. Thus gradually the child adapts to his time environment.
To do so, free and headed crafts spaces will be installed in the playground with the correct equipment. Most of the time led workshops will follow a theme worked in groups such as: the seasons, Valentine’s Day, Christmas …
Rhythmic and sports sessions will be in place two times a week for a period of 45 minutes. This can be an introduction to karate, yoga, team games, working motor skills, orientation in space …
Activities by reflection, strategy, intellectual stimulation:
These activities allow children to express themselves, experiment, explore, construct knowledge.
By manipulating the material, made available, by exploring the child structure his thinking, develops his world view. He learns to interact with other children and adults and to solve problems and conflicts.
Montessori offers 4 families of activities with very specific objectives:
- Life practice: practical life activities allow the establishment of voluntary movement, through the development of will and vice versa. The movement is a part of the development. This is why children are always moving either free or activity directed workshops games; these activities allow us to indirectly work: concentration, perseverance, sequential work is the development of the logical mind to work math.
- Sensory activities: children 3-5 years are explorers. Sensory games are set up for this exploration. It is a conscious and active exploration. By manipulating, exploring, through an enrichment of vocabulary, these games will allow us to give some concepts (such as: large / fine, small / large …) to children in order to build their intelligence and pass from the concrete to the abstract with the game.
- Mathematical activities: with some small games we educate the child to know the ordinal order and cardinal numbers; and the notion of enumeration.
- Language activities: with vocabulary enrichment workshops, among others, and with a suitable language used by teachers against children, we want to enroll the child in the language and allow him to express and increase vocabulary
Example of activities considering objectives :
a. Awareness to the child of its possibilities. Ensure, through fun activities, to show the child that he is able to perform complex tasks. Thus the child will gradually build as Man adapted to its time and its environment.
- Dressing frames. By manipulating wooden frames with tissue sections closed by buttons, zippers, buckles, laces …
- Activities of pouring: rice, water, sand … a pitcher to another.
- Help the child to structure his personality. Help him discover who he is, to have confidence in him, in his potential.
- Little role playing. Style theater, playing in front of friends, children discover a range of feelings, emotions he has the right to express under certain circumstances
- Small games focus on daily life. (care of plants, putting his game in its place, taking care of friends, …) these exercises put the child in a real situation which will allow him to have to adapt to its environment to know who he is. By building its identity can be placed in the group, its place and take the place he deserves.
- Développer les compétences psychomotrices.
- Gymnastic sessions are established. During these sessions the children must, among other, do motricity adapted courses to their age. We can also do yoga and stretching.
- Team games such as relay races, cat and mouse, the candle … are set up. These games help and encourage team strategies and mutual aid partners of the same team.
- Little games with smaller objects: Dimming with cubes, cylinders … to promote dexterity and develop fine motor skills.
- Ensure the emotional and moral safety of the child.
- This goal is worked in how to be …. be present for the child, namely reassure manage conflicts, work on tolerance, acceptance of self and others.
- We handle potential conflicts between children with gentle, rationality and objectivity.
- Ensure at all times calm and soothing presence, strengthen during sensitive times such as arrivals, sunset, departures, among others.
- Establish courteous relationships with peers and teachers. Social relationships that will establish the children among them, and with other adults than their parents are interdependent in the construction of personal identity of each one. It’s due to feelings of security and dependency that the child will be able to open up to others. The child often has to give, take, leave, leave, come back … these games will enable it to assess the distances reunion so to bond with others.
- Collective work in visual arts: pumpkin decorating, wall mural painting, puppet theater.
- Workshops: costume, songs, poems, rhythmic with musical instruments, games in the park …
- Develop cognitive skills:
- Daily routine of the ephemeris: spatiotemporal marks
- Celebrate birthdays
- Working about the passing of time with the seasons oriented crafts.
- Develop language skills:
- Vocabulary development, use precise vocabulary to describe objects in our environment
- “Object lessons”: example: on a plate, various types of fruit: learning their names, where they grow and how, discover their taste.
- Raising children to healthy living:
- Realize the food flower with the five food groups
- Give a notion
- what is healthy to eat every day in their diet
- portions to consume per day of these five groups, can be enhanced with the help of a speaker dentist about the tooth brushing techniques,
- Knowing how sneeze, coughing into your elbow
- To know that it is necessary to wash their hands after the toilet, among others
c. Some games and activities:
- Free games: kapla, playmobil, building games, books, puzzles …
- Led workshops: Montessori activities, enrichment workshops vocabulary, work on themes, building the concept of space / time,
- Autonomous workshops: DIY, cutting, gluing painting, Montessori activities
- Visual Arts: permanent or temporary workshops following conducting wires of the year: Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Father’s Day ….
3. Organization in the mood:
In the Montessori method the play area is called “atmosphere”. This word is not meaningless; it has a connotation linked to the concept of family. Just as the word “garden” in the name of the nursery. For us it is important that the child feels confident that he can ignore all these potential hassles, in order to feel your best among these peers. More children have the feeling of confidence, the easier it is to inculcate the concepts of learning. We operate in the mood for individual and group activities. The child is always on the move and can freely choose his activity, his game and change them as often as he wants.
It is our task as a teacher to inculcate the principles of politeness and courtesy. We have a duty, through games and activities to train so that he becomes a citizen of the world. It is the citizen of tomorrow.
In order to best structure your day we developed a time sequence. This event type is a support that we use to alternate periods of games, workshops and recreation.
Of course, as time, fatigue children (among others) some points could be moved and / or replaced.
- Typical day:
07h15 Preparation and verification of the cleanliness of the interior and exterior spaces.
07h30 Staggered childcare. Help the locker room, familiar conversation, dual relationship with the educator. Freely chosen activities.
08h30/8h45 Call log. Plant care, daily observations and rituals, ephemeris, time …. Rally, collective moment, verbal exchanges around a theme, songs, poems known start-up. Presentations and commissioning of workshops propose, decide and achieve. Burst into groups of activities:
- Classes: language or perceptual games, math games or introduction of a technical or initiation of a new activity.
- Permanent: collage, cutting, Montessori activities …
- Casual: nutrition education, listening / discrimination games, special situations: gardening, preparing any party.
10h00 Consolidation, balance sheet works. Passage to the bathroom, installation and snack.
11h00 Collective moment: poetry or musical hearing or story or new song.
11h45 Transition to the bathroom and installation for the meal.
NB: Twice weekly 45 minutes shall be rhythmic and sports activities. (Team games, introduction to karate, yoga …)
12h00/13h00 Meal. Storage, moment of hygiene (brushing teeth), quiet time, changing room, outdoor games.
13h30 Back in the playground, cool, relaxing, bed rest in the sitting area with custom hardware (mattress, pillow …)
14h00 Collective moment, rhythm games, music games, listening games, work on the theme.
14h20 Workshop activities
- Classes: logical games, exploitation of situations experienced as support for math games, learning a new technique, introducing a new activity.
- Autonomous: permanent like the morning, new autonomous and permanent workshops.
15h30/17h00 Children staggered departures.
Storage, consolidation, assessment of the day, changing room
Snack, free play under supervision, recreation
17h00 Closure of the structure.
For meals, the parents are in charge of preparing a meal bag depending on the food taste of their child but also respecting the daily nutritional needs of children of this age. A meeting on the subject is placed at the beginning of the year. The fact that children have their own lunch minimizes the risk of contamination in case of allergy. Snacks are taken collectively, also avoid this problem, as distributed. Sweets and chocolates should be avoided.
If necessary snacks can be provided to children by kindergarten. Snacks provided by the school are generally dried fruit and fruit juice.
As in the rules, it is asking to parents not to feed peanut-based. Parents agree in general unanimously this regulation.
4. The parents
- the Committee
Early in the year, a committee of five parents is made. Volunteers Parents may register on a sheet posted on the bulletin board at the entrance to the playground. If more than five parents are registered then we proceed to a vote by secret ballot at an exceptional meeting relatives . The parents’ committee is set up as soon as possible from the beginning of the year.